Subject: Re: agenda for teleconference 20010219

/ Lauren Wood <lauren@softquad.com> was heard to say:
| 1) "Norm will request a public ID for the schema DTD and for the
| schema or schemas from the Schemas WG."
|
|  - what's the status? It was requested - do we have at least part 1)
| yet?

I haven't and given that the Schema WG has turned down our request for
supporting public IDs in XML Schemas, I'm not optimistic that they'd
be favorable to this request.

| 3) from Feb 5th "JohnC asked if we should make public identifiers
| (or at least formal public identifier) into URNs.  Paul isn't sure what
| this buys us.  JohnC says it makes FPIs "part of the web
| architecture." Norm likes this too, so Norm and John will work
| together on this."
|
|  - status?

Submitted to the IETF RFC Editor on 9 Feb 2001. I don't know when it'll
be first published as an I-D, but I'll try to find out.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@East.Sun.COM    | To what excesses will men not go for the
XML Standards Engineer       | sake of a religion in which they believe