Subject: Re: vote to public our spec as a committee spec [was: System URIs]

On 25 May 2001, Paul Grosso wrote:

> With chagrin and apologies, I must retract my affirmative early vote.
>
> See my email on normalization of (non public) entries.
>
> Since we aren't going to make the May 31 cutoff for a final spec
> anyway, I don't see the rush to publish a draft with which there
> remains so many issues.  Let's plan to work through the issues in
> email and see if we can reach a point where we're all comfortable
> with what we have in a couple weeks.  Then we can publish it.

I agree. I think we should also have implementation experience
(more than one) both with and without SAX parsers. Ideally we
would have a committee specification that we later submit (if we
wish) without changes, or with only minor changes, to the balloting
procedure to become an OASIS standard.

Thus I propose we start our phone calls again as of June 4. Norm,
can you set up the phone bridge? As per our last decision, we will
then hold weekly meetings until we have the issues resolved.