eps message

Subject: Re: [eps] Please Respond by Thursday, June 12

Folks,

Here's some suggestions in the areas of classification and XML
formats:

Classification:
===============

UNSPSC: www.unspsc.org

eClass: www.eclass-online.com, www.eclass.de

Rosettanet: www.rosettanet.org

Requisite (RUS) : www.requisite.com, http://rusportal.requisite.com/

XML/Data Formats:
=================

Oasis UBXML committees

OAG XML: www.openapplications.org

BMECat: www.bmecat.org/English/index.asp

cXML: www.cxml.org

Rosettanet: www.rosettanet.org

CIF: www.ariba.com

CUP: www.commerceone.com

Cheers,

Jay

Jay Dear, Project Manager, EMEA eBusiness

Sun Microsystems		Internal: x24832
SPARC House			Direct Line: +44 (0)1252 424832
Guillemont Park 		Fax: +44 (0)1252 420453
Minley Road			Mobile: +44 (0)7710 083749
Blackwater
Camberley, GU17 9QG, UK 	Email: jay.dear@sun.com
>>  Date: 11 Jun 2003 21:11:38 -0000
>>  To: eps@lists.oasis-open.org
>>  From: ttracey@ism.ws
>>  Subject: [eps] Please Respond by Thursday, June 12
>>
>>  Hello, all.  As mentioned in the meeting minutes I sent out last
week, and in order to keep as close to our schedule as possible, I
would really appreciate it if you could take the time to identify the
organizations we need to begin working with on eprocurement standards.

>>  The minutes stated:
>>
>>  1.	Identify organizations, within and outside OASIS, which may
have developed standards for electronic purchasing and procurement.

>>  2.	Contact the outside organizations to find out what they’ve
been doing.  Get as much documentation from them as possible.
>>  3.	Concurrently, review various TCs within OASIS to (a) find out
what they might be doing in the eprocurement areas for their
particular charters; (b) let them know our plans so we can synergize
activities / outcomes; and (c) make sure we’re not doing double work.

>>  Once I get the suggested organizations from everyone, I can put a
list of them together and begin getting volunteers who will contact
them.  I'll also develop a template so we'll all be asking the same
questions.  I'll plan to get this out to you by the first of next
week.

>>  Thanks for your time and energy!
>>
>>  Terri Tracey
>>  EPS Chair
>>  ttracey@ism.ws
>>
>>  You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/eps/members/leave_workgro
up.php