ffm message

Subject: Re: TC Administration comments on FFMII V1.0 csprd02

With respect to comments in this posting:

"TC Administration comments on FFMII V1.0 csprd02"
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ffm/201209/msg00016.html

Please see additional comments below.

ad item #2:  use of UNDERSCORE

> 2. The wsdl and schema filenames use the underscore
> (_) character. We disallow that character in names
> except in the case where they are generated by machine.
> Robin can give you extensive background on the problems
> the character causes in systems.
> If the files are not machine generated, I would appreciate
> it if you would replace the underscores with hyphens (-).

I spotted files with the following filenames in the CSPRD02
release package

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201207/msg00007.html
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/46595/FFMII-Specification-v1.0-csprd02.zip

FFMII_v1_0_ws_implementation.wsdl
FFMII_v1_0_ws_manager.wsdl
FFMII_v1_0_common_api.xsd
FFMII_v1_0_common_model.xsd
FFMII_v1_0_firm_api.xsd
FFMII_v1_0_firm_model.xsd
FFMII_v1_0_rdm_api.xsd
FFMII_v1_0_rdm_model.xsd
FFMII_v1_0_rdm_model_profile.xsd
FFMII_v1_0_system_capability_api.xsd
FFMII_v1_0_system_capability_model.xsd
FFMII_v1_0_system_info_api.xsd
FFMII_v1_0_system_info_model.xsd
FFMII_v1_0_wrm_api.xsd
FFMII_v1_0_wrm_model.xsd

Comment: The filenames will be acceptable if they are changed to
use HYPHEN, but as far as the current OASIS policy/practice is
concerned, an UNDERSCORE is also acceptable.  The Naming
Directives only forbids the use of UNDERSCORE in the highly visible
"Required document URIs" (This, Previous,Latest URIs) --
viz., URIs for identification of a Work Product as a whole
or a prose Part of a Multi-Part Work Product.

The TC members can discuss further this matter with Chet, but
as far as the OASIS policy/practice is concerned, the filenames
above with UNDERSCORE are OK.

ad item #4: publicly accessible URIs

> 4. There are several links in the spec that point to
> documents in Kavi but that use the internal link.
> These will not work for public readers. I believe this
> is the whole list:
> 2.2 Non-Normative References
> And in Appendix B
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ffm/email/archives/201202/msg00021.html
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ffm/email/archives/201204/msg00018.html
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ffm/email/archives/201204/msg00021.html
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ffm/email/archives/201204/msg00024.html
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ffm/email/archives/201204/msg00046.html
> These can be fixed by replacing the string - apps/org/workgroup/ffm/...
> with .../committees/. So, for example, changing

The recipe provided here:
 >  replacing the string - apps/org/workgroup/ffm/...
 >  with .../committees/

works for Kavi document URIs, but it will not work for the five
email message URIs cited (above).

In order to construct publicly accessible URIs for
archived email messages, please use the URIs as
displayed in the TC's public list archive:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ffm/201202/maillist.html

e.g.,  (I think... hastily... needs verification)

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ffm/201202/msg00021.html
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ffm/201204/msg00018.html
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ffm/201204/msg00021.html
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ffm/201204/msg00024.html
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ffm/201204/msg00046.html

The "recipe" for selecting the publicly accessible URIs is
simply to use the URIs provided in the public interfaces (NOT
in the member-only, password-protected Kavi interfaces)

For general URI transforms, see the formulas documented here
viz., URIs for documents, ballots, calendar events, email messages

Publicly Accessible URIs
http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#accessibleURIs

[details there]

Cheers,