Subject: Re: Of interest to the HM group.

Hi Andrew,

You are correct that HumanMarkup is more concerned with description
than direction. We see our descriptive tags as being available to use
with another middleware application that then drives either Talking
Heads or Full Body 3D Humanoid Representations or Avatars. There are
several of us who are veterans of VRML and X3D development in general
and H-Anim in particular who have entered the HumanMarkup effort
specifically for that purpose, myself among them.

What I think you might be well advised to do would be to monitor the
MPEG4 effort because they have standardized a rather wide range of
Facial Animation Protocols/Procedures which it would be good to have
interoperate with your work and ours.