Subject: RE: HM.VR_AI: Goals and Overview : HumanML_VR_AI Facilitator

Title: RE: HM.VR_AI: Goals and Overview : HumanML_VR_AI Facil
Kurt, this is excellent. Now if only I could have received this before I sent my last missive...

Oh well.

At 4:29 PM -0500 10/8/01, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
A union is a good solution.  Excellent.

len
-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Cagle [mailto:kurt@kurtcagle.net]
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 4:11 PM
To: humanmarkup-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

If I may make a suggestion here ...

It is not uncommon for schemas to define a union of two or more differing types, one a set of enumerations, the other a numerical value. Thus you could have:

<happy level="0.245"/> and <happy level="amused"/>

The specific token set for <happy> would then run something like:

none|amused|excited|ecstatic|[0,1]

It would then be the responsibility of the implementer to set numerical equivalences for the named tokens. This is typical of other specifications such as CSS.

-- Kurt