Subject: Re: [humanmarkup-comment] Why Markup Emotions In Communications

> We can say "he is happy" but to justify that interpretation,

So I guess what you really meant to say is that "we interpret that he is
happy"? Confusing the two would be like confusing a book title for the book
itself. The fact that soemthing has been implies from a set of observable
properties within a given context is of course itself a context! Make sure
that gets expressed.

[...]
> From informal to highly formal configurations of such, one can
> then make statements about the expectations about the result
> of sending a token to a known observer in a known context
> thereby to test the commitment of the receiver to the token (aka,
> ontological commitment).

This bears certain parallels to the kind of exchange sequences that occur
in Device Independence scenarios, except that there, there are a set of
constraints issued held by the service and the user, such that some can be
negotiated, and some can't. For example, input-mode hinting can probably be
thought of as a weak-constraint (I'd have to check on that), and stuff like
"I need this without graphics because I'm a small device" is a
strong-constraint.

I'm not sure if that's directly useful to this process... but you can
elaborate if you think it is.

> Saying "known observer" is similar if not isomorphic to a
> "viewpoint" or "role".   A process with a timeline (a chronemic
> at a scale of the process) maps features to meaningful token
> exchanges [...]

Would a test-point defintion language (TPDL) interest you at all? At the
recent ERT/PF F2F meeting, we discussed (or rather, I was told!) that
chronemic system modules must be created using relative time notions in
order to sting them together, rather than using frame based techniques,
which was a little bit of a culture shock for me, but made a lot of sense.
Even tdriven frameworks can then be so easily completed! We're discussing
starting working on such models.

> We need use cases or scenarios to identify what a gap is.

I can give you DI scenarios, but I'm not sure how much they will correclate
to the HumanML work. What d'ya say, Len?

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer