Subject: Re: [humanmarkup-comment] [RDFCore] Items (was: HumanMarkup: Pave dWith Good Intentions)

Len,

I think that there is a place for both of the technologies, among others. I
personally see the breakout as follows:

RDF is critical for creating relational mappings and associations within an
XML framework. RDF essentially defines the concept of "about", and a
significant portion of what will go on in the domain of HumanML essentially
involves correlative structures.

Schema provides a syntactical definition for structures. Schema essentially
provides the grammar that defines valid syntaxes, and is responsible for
cohesiveness.

Transforms (XSLT) come into play as transformative structures, and can be
seen as a way of integrating various schema structures across an RDF
relationship.

In other words, I see RDF as essentially defining two resources (schemas)
and a "verb" that ties the two resources together; the XSLT (or DOM, though
I think XSLT is better in this regard) then defines the actions of the verb.

That's my two cents worth anyway. I think there is a danger in becoming
dependent upon any one format of describing the architectures here, because
each of the technologies brings a different set of capabilities to the table
that mesh together reasonably well.

-- Kurt