Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] RE: HM.VR_AI: Goals and Overview : HumanML_VR_AIFacilitator

Hi folks,

Ok this isn't my territory but let's consider <smile width="5in"/> for a
while. What is this 5in? It's not a number. It's not a string (since you
want to use the number in it, the string is useless to you.). What is
it?
Use XSD to define datatypes for the attribute values. Values like 5in or
15sec are hybrids that will need extra processing to determine their
actual use. Further more, we are drifting to a sea of possible abstract
datatypes here... I surely wouldn't want to be the one who's going to
implement an application on these. IMHO, this is bad design (as it
currently stands).

If I where to implement a smart agent (let's say in Java) for handling
this data, it would be far more efficient to either base the design on a
concise model or at least strictly define the datatypes for each
property.

Kindest regards,

Manos