Subject: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Fw: Elements of Human Dignity and Decen cy?

This comes up in the topics on location dependent services.
Essentially, to sign up, one has to provide some minimal
amount of information to establish a context which the
server can use to determine interests given nodes along a
route.  How much context is provided determines what
kinds and types of information is pushed to the receiver.
So, yes, the user can choose to provide different contexts
and these become the layers to which features are attached.
(Don't take those terms too literally; I am thinking in terms
of mapping concepts.)

A side effect of ontological entanglement is that controls
emerge to handle the communications.  In the case of recent
events, very different and yes, antithetical cultures are
entangling and engaging.  While the principals are sorting
out their problems, others are observing and determining
levels and methods of engagement.  One might say, a third
set of beliefs emerges and these act as loose controls
over the processes.   I assert that one bright spot in
this is that even with the differences of cultural and
religious background, the world itself is converging
on a shared set of beliefs about what it is to be human
given these events.   The more our policy wonks and
information wonks are able to distill this emerging
commonality and focus on presenting it widely, the
better the cause of these individuals will resonate
globally.  This is independent of our technology, but
not the goal of our applications.  One can say with
conviction that reducing misunderstanding shows its
most important result in the emergence of shared beliefs.
Human decency and dignity can be understood as promoting
the value of individuals and their freedoms.

len