Subject: Re: [humanmarkup-comment] Brass Tacks Revisited

Title: Brass Tacks Revisited
The Brass Tacks document...;-) ... thanks for reposting it Rex!  From my perspective, it seems to supplement the "TC.policy" doc by dealing with our *mindframe* as a group.  It think it is such a valuable list of points that I saved it as a referenceable document (HMS stands for HumanMarkup Supplemental--we can all decide whether we like this naming convention later).

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/humanmarkup/documents/HMS.brasstacks.txt

9/11 incidents may change the Tack #1, but the point remains clear and terrorist issues are also business issues.
Tack #5 is probably the most important, IMO.

CALL FOR DOCUMENTS
I'd like to take this opportunity to issue a 'call for documents' from the current members.  As Sean mentioned before his (hopefully temporary) departure, maintained documents, technical, administrative, and non-technical, would help to build concreteness and referencability.

Thus, if you don't mind, do frame the posts as articles, summaries, perspective documents, use-cases, and applications--this doesn't have to be off the bat.  These can be archived on the OASIS website, and they gives us all a strawman to shoot at.

The final document formats will be established by Kurt, most likely by the next meeting.
------

SCHEMA TACKS?
------
Len made a point yesterday about how we have not tested the schema...its true.  The issue is, we aren't on the same page overall as an effort, since we're spread too thin still...still many administrative issues to deal with, most importantly outreach plans to include contributors.

I'm hesitant to start balls rolling if we as a group (or me as an individual) can't keep up with it.  However, I'll give it a shot...it's overdue...

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga