Subject: Re: [humanmarkup-comment] HMU.newmedia: CREATED

Dear Ranjeeth,

Thank you for mentioning HM applications for writers. As discussed in Phase
0, new types of writing technologies are well suited towards HM
enhancements. The possibilities are legion - from electronic novels (called
"e-pics" by literary commentators) to the simple tagging of scripts and
screenplays.

On a very basic level, for example, a playwright could encode his or her
stage directions, settings, and instructions to actors. Scripts for
electronic games or Ebooks could be tagged with HM information that can be
feed into a 3D interactive world where avatar actors can respond in ways
encoded by the author. Electronic storytelling can aid in education and
entertainment.

I do really enjoy talking about the practical real-world applications of
HumanMarkup.

Writing and other creative endeavors will never be the same after
HumanMarkup changes the computer from a glorified typewriter and the
internet from a mere display-case into to something revolutionary,
interactive, and real.

Cordially,

Joe Norris
jwnorris@humanmarkup.org