Subject: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] HMU.newmedia: Emotion

I am aware.  That is in the codelists.  These are
organized under abstract types to enable event
routing to proceed by application type.  So far
I don't think I am contradicting the original
models using an S/R paradigm.

However, as we continue to layer in more systems
with diverse requirements, we are not necessarily
adding new requirements.  We are testing the old
ones.   We should be creating
use cases to determine when the schema needs new
types.  For example, markup that organizes a
process is applicable only to applications that
view and process events as inputs, outputs,
controls and mechanisms.  To simulate chronemic
properties, we have to add time, and so forth.
In VRML, this is easy.  In HTML, it's a little
less easy (HTML + Time, a subset of SMIL2).

So take a use case and see if it can be first
organized by the current schema, then ask what else
is needed if we can't.  Try what the author suggests
for the process model.

I think first we discover that without
a basic, easy to use process model, we don't have a
means to show a single human object emoting in a
much less two objects with a context of communication.
One could easily do that with a HumanML aware VRML
object as long as it has a proto with a script
node for dispatching events to the VRML nodes
upon receipt of an event from an XML processor
through the SAI/EAI.

Take a simple case:  a sphere that color cycles
given HumanML selects and external events.

len