Subject: [humanmarkup-comment] of the uses of HML

Hi everyone

As I have mentioned before; in the conference KT2002, Knowledge
Technologies, I had several papers there and one of them was about using HML
as a means of subject indication (topic maps) for  a graph based system
which supports Demassian cognitive processing. I explained how XGGDM, an
XML-based graph representation language was used to represent formative
subgraphs based on events (I hesitate to use the word "experiences" even in
quote marks) of  a represented "graph forming author".

I used a modified version of the HML controlled vocabulary (taxonomy), and
gave a reference to where the modified version could be viewed. I can put a
copy of my modifed HML taxonomy into a posting here if there is sufficient
interest.

Since that time Ive been developing further XML software which includes a
taxonomy for spatial nomenclature to be used with further development of my
Lakoff-deBono XML-SVG animated diagrams. The point of the diagrams is that
they are understandable by both humans na dby computer programs, and provide
an "analog" means of communicating with a digital system about such things
as social concepts/perceptions. My paper at the Knowledge technology
conference and a paper at XML Orlando last year showed code and narrative as
to how a formative or dynamically constructed collection of contexts are
used by the computer to form situatedness.

I have also been working on a modest taxonomy for "linguistic hedges" which
can be used to provide parameterization of the HML terms used in say a
subject indicator usage scenario. While XTMs current scope control provides
the ability to use other topics nodes as "scoping" my 'diagram' work
requires a parameterization of terms so that they are not just used/not used
or on/off or whatever binary distinction title one wishes to use. I have
tried considering using Hytime time representation and have some hems and
haws about that. I look forward to development of a time/epoch/era
representation which is more organic than HT.

I also would like to point out that in my book WROX Professional XML Meta
Data, i showed the usage of spatial terms that were defined actively
(formatively) and according to situation, rather than fixedd as vocabulary
terms in a carved in granite ontology. I look forward to our group
developing dynamic = formative ontologies and i think that there is room for
cros-polenization )of knowledge, if not technique) with the various upper
ontology and dynamic ontology groups that are out there. We  may find it
fruitful to discuss "microtheories" in our development of time/epoch/era
which allow ""intelligent"" flow of processing to occur in the computer.
humans have these (or equivalent/better) as BACKGROUND knowledge in jus
tabout any culture. these microtheries are like link nodes/hubs which allow
similar or related "time repsentations" to functionally coexist with out
being identical.

David Dodds