Subject: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Base Schema-culture

If you go up a level, that is part of the SEED collection
and there are some really fascinating articles.  The
one on quantum mind is a hard read but fascinating in
the notion that consciousness emerges from engagement
with the environment, a topic that shows up in several
of the papers.  Consider a set of sign systems that
to be handled simultaneously, (remember the Gudwin
model of intelligence), result in the creation or
emergence of relationships (for us, possibly expressed
as topic maps) that enable coordination.  It is a
neat model.  Some of our containers would then
become the topic map systems perhaps.

People do choose among media and that by engagement
with and reinforcement by the environment.  That is
why I insist on the choice of choices (choosing who
chooses the choices) as a prerequisite freedom for
governance.  If the universe is a sign production
system (one model but useful), then when you got
up the morning to dress, what did you choose to
wear and who chose your available clothes?  And
even if you had one message in mind for the clothes,
how would your nearest significant person interpret
your choices, how would the first person you met
on the street interpret them, and so on.  As you
move from locale to locale and therefore the types
of people you encounter changes, how do the
interpretations change according to the way each
of the locales change the perceptions of your choices
in that medium?  Now, consider that you have chosen
a route as well.

Back to reading.  I sure have to read a lot to keep
up with Sylvia.  Every number has two neighbors.

len