Subject: RE: [humanmarkup-comment] Referents

Righto.  I have a lot of work to do on
the sign experiment.  I have a good handle
on the pieces, but need to fit themtogether.

One issue is that in the Gudwin model,
that the reflexive processor has

Y=f(x)

and that is grossly simplified given there
is/are feedback loops.  His layering looks
right though.  Or maybe he just intends that
function for the reflexive layer.  As
additional layers are added, it get more
complicated and becomes more like objects
routing messages (and VRML likes that)
and consulting its database.

The sign experiment is a way to bottom
up toward the primary top down.  We
get a useful secondary for beating on
the primary.  When Manos and Sean said
the primary is a kind of loose ontology,
they hit the nail on the head.
Our commitment to RDF stripe the secondary
should also drive out aspects of the RDF
representation of the primary.  Don't be
surprised if we discover that we need more
RDF up there or that we end up being
more comfortable with the RDF representation
because it proves to be easier to extend.

But I need Manos to keep the RDF straight.
It isn't my bag.  It may be before we are
done.   I think it more important now than
I did before to ensure what we build is
accessible to and from the Semantic Web
because that is one source of a semiote's
data.  A semiote is an agent; it has been
modeled on our concepts of how humans
communicate.  That is it's primary
differentiator.

len

From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]

That's sorta what I thought.

However, I did want it in the list for looking at again when we
finish the first pass through the existing schema.