Subject: [humanmarkup] TC.projectplan: revised

We've taken several passes at the project plan over the course of the last
few months.  They were comprehensive, but so far none of our previous
attempts successfully aligned with our contributions.  This is ok, but we
should fully acknowledge this, and learn from our previous attempts.
Ultimately, the project plan has to be adapted *to* us (not the other way
around), as the scope and nature of this project is in many ways
unprecedented.

I've incorporated the milestones that some of you have provided into this
document, as well as added a 'strategy' section incorporating ideas many of
you have sent me.  Further, I made other changes that will make it much
easier to review and be aligned with this outlook.  I've moved the "roles"
to a different document called "TC.roles"...I'll post that soon as well.

BTW, I also installed an FTP plugin from webdrive.com, which allows me to
immediately update the documents in real-time through Windows
shortcuts...VERY much recommended for all Windows users.   I should be able
to provide updates more regularly.

Again, if there is anything that is missing, please *do* post (or repost)
your suggestions.  Thanks.

Ranjeeth Kumar Thunga

-------------------

TC.PROJECTPLAN
last updated: 28 October 2001
(describes the strategy and set of milestones ahead of the project)
--------------

INTRODUCTION
-------------

This document describes how we are going about our approach as the
HumanMarkup Technical committee.  It

is our template strategy and focus, to help us focus our efforts most
productively.

------------
I. STRATEGY
------------

1. Human Frameworks  (kinesics, mentational, history, culture, physical,
social, etc)

2. Technical specifications (XML Schema, RDF, XTM, and Web Services
frameworks, XSL, etc.)

3. Interoperatability (multiple schemas, RDDL, HLALs, LLALs, constraints,
API's, namespaces, repository,

collections, authentication, security)

4. Human Interoperability (usability, human API, bridging to real world
human communications systems)

This is a proposed model we can keep in our mind, for moving through our
project.

1) We exhaustively  describe each one of our "human frameworks", using three
sources of information:  a) SME (subject matter

experts) b) URL references  c) Print references

2) We develop these into "technical specifications" Our primary focus is on
XML Schema, although a new

Subcommittee for RDF Schema is underway as well.  These technical frameworks
will determine how to

represent the human framework information.

3) Next, we determine actually how we implement these within current
technology frameworks, and how these

different schemas *interoperate* amongst each other.

4) Finally, we tie these technologies into preexisting human systems, to
ultimately augment the manner in

which *human communications systems can interoperate* and can improve.

***NOTE:  THESE DON'T HAVE TO BE FOLLOWED IN ANY STEP BY STEP ORDER, AS
TOPICS CAN BE EXPLORED IN ANY OF THESE DIFFERENT AREAS

----------------
II. MILESTONES (and DELIVERABLES)
----------------

WRITE:  HumanML_Write subcommittee
PHYSI:  Human Physical Characteristics subcommittee
HMRDF:  HumanMarkup RDF subcommittee
VR_AI:  virtual reality / artificial intelligence subcommittee

All other milestones are part of the general discussion, till a subcommittee
is formed.

Dates are tentative for the time being.

ONGOING:
---------

Presentations to educators/gov't bodies/UN/DOD, etc.
Actively stimulate discussion and recruit contributors for the effort
Maintain updates to all documents and specifications.

-----------------

 Synopsis of Phase 0, chronological progression
 Synopsis of Phase 1, chronological progression
 Class hierarchy (beta) synchronized with current HM.Frameworks

WRITE:  post current VB version to OASIS

PHYSI:  start official discussion and work

----------------

 Determine collaboration server for group
 HumanMarkup HumanML-XML Schema Modules, beta

WRITE:  port current version to Java

 VR_AI:  first draft HumanML VR specification (HM.VR_specification)
 VR_AI:  first draft HumanML AI specification (HM.AI_specification)

------------------
 HumanMarkup Executive Whitepaper Working Draft
 HumanMarkup Technical Whitepaper Working Draft

WRITE: HumanML_Write/Editor Application beta (addresses all requirements)

PHYSI: basic vocabulary

VR_AI: HumanML VR_AI interaction specificaiton (HM.VR_AI_specification)
VR_AI: resource lists
VR_AI: reference lists

---------------
 HumanMarkup Constraints/Genre Document
 HumanMarkup Human.Frameworks Specification
 HumanMarkup Messaging Specification

 ??HMRDF:  HumanMarkup HumanML-RDF Schema Modules beta

----------------
 HumanML_Messaging Application beta
 HumanMarkup Style Best Practices
 HumanMarkup Human.Repository Specification

PHYSI:  advanced vocabulary

PHSYI:  Set of first draft of draft of API's

III. REFERENCES

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/guidelines.shtml