Subject: [humanmarkup] Please Vote

Hi Everyone,

While the subject line says it all, there are a few additional
factors I would like you to understand in the context of this note to
encourage you all to vote if you are eligible. That includes everyone
in the TC and our recently appointed Invited Experts. For the record,
despite the recent changes in policy that OASIS has made, and
whatever they may decide in relation to our vote, we need to continue
with the same process that was underway during this process. So for
our Invited Experts, we need your formal voting messages.

Len, I would prefer to have a separate message even though it sounded
as if you were in favor of approval in your last message. So far only
Sylvia and I have voted and the count stands at 2 in favor and 0
opposed.

There are several items which cannot be carried through until we have
a decision. I can't open up a dialog with OASIS about how they want
to officially deal with our current ensemble of Invited Experts, in
which I want a clear decision about the specification to cite as
evidence in favor of our including all of our Invited Experts for the
next year. I also want to use that deliverable status as evidence
for, in effect, grandfathering our Invited Experts as part of the
voting TC membership on the basis of contributions made to the effort
while under the previous conditions.

Also, I want a decision in hand as I proceed forward with building an
OASIS-compliant set of Word, HTML and PDF versions of the
specification. There are a number of issues which I need to be able
document as requiring policy decisions from them with regard to
suggestions I want to make. Making suggestions without concrete
examples is not a practice I am willing to make. These suggestions
concern increasing clarity in rules regarding namespaces,
documentation and improving readability for the purposes of
explaining these specifications.

We also need to request some specific changes to accommodate
specifications such as ours which include foundational specifications
which are not application-specific for determining what constitutes
an independent implementation. This issue directly affects our
ability to gain overall OASIS approval of our specification as a
recommended standard.

Lastly, we need to set the agenda for our next meeting and get off to
a good start on the next phase of work, whether it is to continue
working on the Primary Base Schema or moving on to the Secondary Base
Schema.

Starbourne Communications Design
1361-A Addison, Berkeley, CA 94702 *510-849-2309