Subject: RE: [huml] Re: a random citation

I agree that primary and secondary emotions don't
seem to apply to the notion of a timeline, but on
the other hand, I doubt I've seen the full set of
properties the users of those terms are expressing.

HumanML itself should be agnostic to the theorectical
basis of the secondary vocabulary.  I'm not convinced
the model the author expresses is correct, but it should
be expressible.  I'd have to study it more to understand
it and work out a way to do that.   The application of
HumanML I envision based on the abstract types is that
any number of different theories could be modeled and
tested against observable qualities or applied to a
visualization through an implementing engine such as
one for an avatar.

len

From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]

I think it was more in the way of the odd occurence that she turned
up the reference, but I may ask her later.

What is nagging at me right now is that I think the model these folks
are building would be better served if they used the terms:
InitialEmotion, and SubsequentEmotion in their format of course,
rather than as the compound terms I have just coined. Primary and
Secondary don't build a picture of the progression they are
describing, especially not in the sense of a crescendo/dimuendo,
which our intensity-range values can quantify, as implied by their
description. Their usage also not how I envisioned/envision building
a secondary HumanML vocabulary from the base complexType Emotion. I
was thinking of primary emotions being the least complex, as opposed
to the more complex as their usage describes.