Subject: RE: [huml] NYAM Portal Collaboration

Hi Len,

Thanks for giving it some thought..

Let's be sure we know which material you are referring to, which I
assume is the article, which does not deal with individuals, as
opposed to the demonstration which does, though only in a limited
context and hypothetically. In the latter case we will make it clear
that these distinctions in 1. are made.

In 2. individuals, such as a specific on-duty EMT can have
permissions from a defined role in 1. and still have individual
preferences for using those permissions in that role registered with
the Portal/portlet in that role in a way that is doable and not
prohibitively expensive in terms of having an existing database in
the Portal and/or in the portlet provider for the organization in
which the EMT works.

In another instance of 2. individuals should be able to have their
medical histories, and specific sets of permissions for emergencies,
including a living will, stored in a HumanML-enhanced (not required)
profile which may or may not have references or links to other roles
in employment, socially, etc. There are any number of ways the
location and passcodes for this profile can be kept in wallets, on
keychains, etc, and still require fingerprint or iris ID. This is
doable without HumanML, but with it, much wider use of a single
source profile is possible, provided HumanML survives and thrives and
gets these secondary vocabularies assembled, implemented and accepted
as useful standards.

However, you are very correct about a public portal needing to deal
with multiple overlapping public and private jurisdictional and
political considerations, and it would be very good if our proof of
concept here can evolve into an early adoption of CAP, WSRP, and
HumanML and serve as a testbed for these implications in practice,
where we can get good feedback from experience.

Having just wrestled with the first straw-man schema for ICS201, I
can heartily endorse the notion of making some headway into
roles-based organization of these kinds of forms for Incident Command
Systems that extend across the emergency management community. It
sorta helps that this work is going to be tested on the actual
systems that are being designed and tested to actually be used, or as
close as is currently possible, so whatever we learn is based on
working with good tangible resources.

Thanks again.