Subject: No meeting today, Last month's Minutes soon

Hi Everyone, including those not usually copied for OASIS HumanMarkup
Technical Committee messages,

Due to several circumstances, such as travel and sudden opportunities
and generally incompatible timing we did not secure confirmation of
our teleconference soon enough to build an agenda and announce the
meeting with lead time for multiple reminders, we have postponed
today's normally scheduled TC teleconference, but we will definitely
be meeting Wednesday, May 26th at the usual time of 12:00 p.m. to
1:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

There will be a fairly lengthy agenda, and in the meantime I will be
posting separate threads for each of the specific changes to the
Primary Base Schema that I am proposing so that we can, hopefully,
discuss them and, perhaps, be able to vote on the adjustments on the
26th.

This would be a good thing for a number of reasons, not the least of
which is that we have an emerging opportunity to have our work supply
the required components for a number of other TCs', standards-writing
organizations' and issue-specific interest consortia' standards.

What I mean by that is that those organizations are now encountering
needs for profiling individual humans for in-depth authentication of
identity and concomitant enhancement of security through individual
access verification. We become quite handy because they can join our
TC to move their work forward more quickly than organizing their own
collateral, but subordinate efforts. We are already organized and in
place with the appropriately scoped work or the ability to quickly
build SCs to scope new work, and, thus to produce or adapt our
specifications to fit their requirements.

This works even better because we are also adopting the practice of
surveying our fields and incorporating, harmonizing and/or
reconciling existing accepted or acceptable specifications and
standards and building crosswalks nd engaging in liaisons and
collaborations to make them compatible and thus make their data
interoperable to the degree that is possible and desirable.

The upshot may be that we are finally at the right place at the right
time to build support for our work, and perhaps, even, gather some
momentum that will allow us to move our work forward a great deal
more quickly and with sufficient resources to ensure an increasingly
level of due diligence and general excellence in fact, rather than
wish.

Lastly, I apologize for not getting the minutes out for last month's
meeting yet. I will do so soon.

Thanks,