Subject: TC Meeting Tomorrow, Please Attend

Title: TC Meeting Tomorrow, Please Attend
Hi Everyone,

This is your first reminder. We have an important TC meeting tomorrow. Call-in Info:

    Dial in toll free: 877 950 6921
    outside of USA toll: 1 203 277 0324
    passcode: 696410

Agenda:

    1. Approve minutes of previous meeting.
    2. Individual reports/subcommittee reports
    3. Discuss revisions to huml-primary-base-1.0
    4. New Business

Why is this an IMPORTANT meeting?

We had to cancel/postpone the first TC meeting this month, so if this one falls flat, we're in trouble. Maybe we should return to just one meeting a month since we have never actually had two? We started trying to have two in order to boost our work output and participation as well as accommodating travel schedules, but this has had exactly the opposite effect, if results have anything to do with the effort. Who knows? I don't. What I do know is that I thought about all manner of silly attempts to get your attention, or simply begging abjectly, or considering asking what anyone thinks would work as an incentive.

We do actually have a lot of stuff we could hear about, like PyCon back in March, the recent Electronic Cultural Atlases Initiative Congress/Conference that James attended and I visited (and which provided interesting uses of GIS for indexing related databases for cultural information), recent XML.GOV Working Group Meetings, and upcoming opportunities to start providing value to business in the personalization and user interface customization and secure provision of medical history information in emergencies, which could be a key to attracting funding, business partnerships, academic opportunities. We might even hear about recent events in the gaming industry. We will almost certainly hear about the GIS and HumanMarkup connection in relation to emergency management services, as well asthe previously mentioned medical information connection.

We will certainly discuss how to move forward with our subcommittees.

I hope to have something positive to say about corollary efforts writing grant proposals in our sister organization, Humanmarkup.org, Inc.