Subject: Fwd: October 19th Collaborative Expedition Workshop #36 & JointXML CoP - SICoP Get Acquainted Meeting

Title: Fwd: October 19th Collaborative Expedition Workshop #36 &
Hi All,

I wanted to extend this invitation to our TC list as well as the others even though HumanML is not the main point of my presentation this time. It is, of course, included.

I hope you are all well and that I will see you there.

Date:         Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:52:37 -0400
Sender: CIO Council AIC Web-Services Working Group
              <CIOC-WEB-SERVICES@listserv.gsa.gov>
From: Brand Niemann <bniemann@cox.net>
To: CIOC-WEB-SERVICES@listserv.gsa.gov
The October 19th Collaborative Expedition Workshop #36 will also be a Joint XML CoP - SICoP Get Acquainted Meeting!

Wiki URL: http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BestPracticeProcessforImplementingFEA_Data_Reference_Model_XMLProfile_2004_10_19

Title: Evolving a Multi-Stakeholder Best Practices Process for Implementing An FEA DRM XML Profile and Open Standards Web Applications: Introduction to Semantic Technology Tools and Applications

8:30 a.m. - Check-in, Box Lunch Order ($8.00/person) and Coffee

9:00 a.m. - Welcome and Introduction:
Susan Turnbull, GSA, Co-Chair, Emerging Technology Subcommittee (AIC)
Brand Niemann, EPA, Emerging Technology Subcommittee (AIC) and Co-Chair, Semantic Interoperability CoP (BPC)
Owen Ambur, Emerging Technology Subcommittee (AIC) and Co-Chair, Government XML CoP

9:15 a.m. - Joint SICoP/XML CoP Data and Information Reference Model (DRM) XML Profile, Mike Daconta, Metadata Program Manager, US Department of Homeland Security

10:15 a.m. - BREAK

10:30 a.m.- Perspectives:
FEA Chief Architect - (Invited)
IA EA SIG - Davis Roberts (Invited)
DOJ - Jim Feaganes, Enterprise Data Architect (Invited)
CGI - Eliot Christian (USGS), Chair (Invited)
IC MWG - Tim West (DIA), Chair (Invited)
OASIS - Carl Mattocks (cHECKMI), Co-chair (two committees)

12:00-noon - Networking Lunch

1:00 p.m.- Tools for Producing RDF and OWL (shared hands-on facilities will be available in the NSF Board Room)
Evren Sirin & James Hendler, University of Maryland (OntoLink, Etc.)
Ontolog Forum Representative (Holger Knublauch, developer of the OWL plugin for Protege)
TopQuandrant Representative (TopBraid)

2:30 p.m. - BREAK

2:45 p.m. - Demonstrations of New Open Standards Technologies:
Rich Site Summary (RSS) for - Lisa Wolfisch, Census
Web Services for Remote Portlets (WSRP) - Russ Ruggerio and Rex Brooks

3:45 p.m. - Reflections from workshop presenters and participants
4:15 p.m. - ADJOURN

4:15 - 5 p.m. Joint XML CoP - SICoP Get Acquainted Meeting

Brand Niemann, Representative to the Governance and Components Subcommittees
http://web-services.gov and http://www.componenttechnology.org

and Co-Chair of the Semantic Interoperability Community of Practice
http://web-services.gov and http://km.gov