Subject: It is starting, folks, so do we want to drive or ride this train?

Title: It is starting, folks, so do we want to drive or ride this
http://www.internetweek.com/allStories/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=160701690

The subject line sums it up. I have from time to time fowarded articles and reports on various aspect of our field, hoping that it will strike a chord or resonate with some of you, and this is another such.

I hesitate to allow myself to sound as disappointed as I feel in this group since I have been the cheerleader for such a long time now that I feel personally responsible for our lack of progress. Also, I don't want to alienate any of you who happen to be left, now that my own schedule has cleared enough that I can actually genuinely schedule the work I have been touting for so long, but here it is.

If we are going to continue, and this is very important to me personally, we need someone in addition to yours truly who is willing to put in some real time and effort.

I have tried, but obviously not sufficiently. I will make one more push, but please understand that if I don't see some response from this effort, which is happening at a bad time--leading up to the New Orleans OASIS Symposium, (which I can't afford to attend and promote HumanML), which is followed immediately by the heart of summer vacation season when people just drop off the map again until fall, unless one happens to share in their summer conference schedules.

I will get the revision of the primary base done and I will synch it to the Owl Ontology that accompanies and links a resource framework to it.

We'll see what happens.

To relay my views of the subject line: if we are not going to drive this train, we should probably get off and let the businesses who only want to make money do as they will anyway, but we can't ever say that we were unaware of the consequences. It's our future that we are p-----g away here.

President, CEO
Starbourne Communications Design
GeoAddress: 1361-A Addison
Berkeley, CA 94702