Subject: Fwd: Re: Congratulations from the 2006 OASIS Symposium Committee

Fellow CommitteeMembers (both NCOR and HumanML)

I wanted to pass along the information below about the acceptance of
my abstract for the OASIS Symposium in May, to both committees. I
want to advise you all that both groups will be included in the scope
of "Semantic and Contractual Perspectives on a Healthcare Informatics
Registry".

The overall topic of Semantic Interoperability will come into play in
both committees. This is especially relevant because we are revising
the Primary Base Human Markup Language specification to bring it into
alignment and interoperability with the latest release of the CIDOC
CRM

http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/official_release_cidoc.html

from the CIDOC organization

http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr

Briefly, the CIDOC organization is the International Council of
Museums which started this program more than a decade ago with the
following purpose:

The CIDOC Conceptual Reference Model (CRM) provides definitions and a
formal structure for describing the implicit and explicit concepts
and relationships used in cultural heritage documentation.

This latest version is proposed to include an RDFS version to promote
fmore complete Semantic Interoperability. This Conceptual Reference
Model in essence systematizes the classification of human artifacts.
Bringing the Primary Base Human Markup Language Specification into
alignment with the CIDOC CRM will further increase the usability of
HumanML. HumanML includes alignment with the Foundational Model of
Anatomy and other Health Informatics standards, and seeks to
systematically categorize information uniquely  related to humans in
knowledge representation in digital information systems.

For members of the National Center for Ontological Research (NCOR)
Committee on Ontology for Health Informatics, I would expect that
implication (below) of  my abstract proposal to examine the "Semantic
and Contractual Perspectives on a Healthcare Informatics Registry"
to be fairly obvious in its relationship to our work.

It is closely tied to my own efforts to build a set of registries in
UDDI and ebXML for Health Informatics and for Emergency Management.
However, for both committees, I want you to know that I will be
forging a liaison with the Medical Banking Project by co-leading
their Cyberwar Workgroup. This workgroup is tasked with tracking
medical/medicare billing fraud in general. In particular we are
concerned with billing fraud for the purpose of funding terrorism,
especially bioterrorism linked to the biosurveillance aspect of
epidemiological analysis.

Just to be clear, this message is a bit of an anomaly for me since
this is almost completely informational. That is, I'm not asking for
any specific replies. I just wanted to make you aware of this set of
interconnections. Those strangely missing requests will probably come
later when I start work in earnest in putting together this case
study.

Regards,
Rex