icom message

Subject: RE: [icom] Good references for the state-of-the-art in the CWE space

Thanks Peter for the references. Here is an excerpt from page 2 of InformationWeek article:

But if you want to use one vendor's video, another's Web conferencing, and yet another's presence and instant messaging, it's not so simple. And this doesn't even factor in awareness of event-driven status updates -- not just social status readings from Facebook, but, say, a sales win. Complete cross-platform awareness will happen either through standards like SIP (and its IM extension, SIMPLE) and XMPP (Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol), and Google's Open Social APIs, or extensions to them. Or an entirely new breed of standards.

Regards,

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Yim [mailto:peter.yim@cim3.com]
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2010 7:03 AM
To: icom@lists.oasis-open.org

Sharing a couple of really nice articles that would make good

references to helping us on our scan for the state-of-the-art in the

CWE space (in case they haven't appeared on your radar screen earlier)

1.  "Behind Cisco's Tablet Surprise" by Fritz Nelson - InformationWeek

- 2010.07.01

* see: http://www.informationweek.com/news/hardware/handheld/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=225702068

* [ppy]  I suspect we can pick up the bulk of the key enterprise

players' names, their product line-up, and a glimpse of their product

strategy from this article.

2. "15 Free Enterprise Collaboration Tools" by Kristin Burnham -

CIO.com - 2010.06.24

* see: http://www.cio.com/article/598122/15_Free_Enterprise_Collaboration_Tools

* [ppy]  note the feature set supported by these different tools

Regards.  =ppy