icom message

Subject: Draft Minutes of ICOM TC Meeting, August 17, 2011

Minutes of ICOM TC Meeting, August 17, taken by Eric S. Chan

Agenda

1. Roll Call

2. Review updated compliance clauses (will be distributed before the Meeting)

3. Discuss namespace URI’s for the RDF ontology in the specification deliverable

4. AOB

1. The following eligible members were present

Laura Dragan

Deirdre Lee

Peter Yim

Patrick Durusau

Eric Chan

2. Review updated compliance clauses (will be distributed before the Meeting)

Compliance clauses were significant refined. Deirdre and Laura to review the clauses for compatibility with Resource Description Framework. Eric to forward the draft to Jacques Durand who provided comments for CSPRD 1.0.

3. Discuss namespace URI’s for the RDF ontology in the specification deliverable

We propose to change the binding of the current namespace page http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/icom/core/201008 to http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/icom/201008 (i.e. remove the sub-path core). In this page we listed the related namespaces:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/icom/accesscontrol/201008

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/icom/addressbook/201008

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/icom/calendar/201008

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/icom/conference/201008

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/icom/content/201008

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/icom/document/201008

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/icom/forum/201008

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/icom/message/201008

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/icom/metadata/201008

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/icom/presence/201008

We will like to use these related namespace URI's, together with http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/icom/core/201008, to bind to HTML pages for RDF model description. These HTML pages will define the RDF model of ICOM in a modular fashion (this is why we need Core as one of the modules). These pages will follow the formatting similar to the following pages:

http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/03/22/nco/

http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/03/22/nco#PersonContact

4. AOB

Peter announced: There is a re-positioned and strengthened working relationship between OOR and NCBO (developer of BioPortal) - a virtual session regarding key aspects of this strategic effort will be hosted in September (possibly Tuesday, Sep-20 or 27 8:30am PDT). I strongly encourage members of this team to come join us, to find out more about OOR developments and plans going forward, and to provide input. Please watch out for announcement of the session date/time!