Subject: Re: [id-cloud] Member submissions of use cases and requirements

I agree with Mary.

Cheers
Kelvin

From: Mary McRae <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>
To: Anil Saldhana <Anil.Saldhana@redhat.com>
Cc: id-cloud@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 05/06/2010 11:06 AM

It seems more prudent to me to take the time to know that your proposal falls within the scope rather than taking up TC time to figure it out. The Charter is published and the Scope defines what can and cannot be done by the TC. Potential members review that Charter and Scope to determine whether they are willing to participate or not and evaluate what claims they might have around that scope. Encouraging people to disregard the scope - no matter to what degree - is a slippery slope and will likely result in protracted debates and end up delaying, rather than speeding up, progress. Not to mention a violation of the spirit of the TC Process.

Regards,

Mary

www.oasis-open.org
>> twitter: @fiberartisan  #oasisopen
>> phone: 1.603.232.9090
>>
>> Standards are like parachutes: they work best when they're open.
>>

>> On May 5, 2010, at 11:11 PM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>    it is time to get started with the TC business as we get close to the second meeting.  The first step is to solicit and collect member submissions on use cases and requirements.
>>>
>>> Submission Guidelines:
>>> 1) Please create separate email threads for each submission (do not reply to someone else's submission with your own submission). This is because the archives will be cleaner.  You can comment on someone's submission by replying to that thread. You can also refine your own submission by replying to your own thread.
>>> 2) One submission from a company/member. Please coordinate among your colleagues from the same company.  Individual members are free to submit their own submissions.
>>> 3) Please clean your submissions off proprietary or confidential information. This is public work.
>>> 4) Please do not evaluate whether your content matches the TC charter or not. It is important for you to submit the information. The TC will evaluate your submission and decide if any of the content is out of scope.