Subject: Minutes from Oasis ID-Cloud TC call (20 Sept 2010)

Folks,

Here are the minutes from the ID-Cloud TC this week.
Apologies if I missed any discussion threads.

/thomas/

________________________

Oasis ID-Cloud TC Meeting Minutes (20 Sept 2010)

[Notation:  Q = question; A = answer; C = comment]

1) Roll Call and Agenda Review

2) Request Minute Taker
- Thomas Hardjono minute taker.

3) Approval of Aug 23rd TC Meeting Minutes:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/id-cloud/201008/msg00034.html

- Motion to accept the minutes:  Gershon Janssen.
- Second:  Jerry Smith.
- No objections. Motion passes. Minutes approved.

4) Discussion of Use Case submitted by Robert Cope,
   Homeland Security Consultants.

- Robert not present.  Discussion deferred to F2F or later date.

5) F2F Meeting Agenda discussion:

- Anil:
    o F2F meeting will run from 8:30AM to 5PM.

    o Audio bridge will be available all day (9am to 5pm).

    o A proposed agenda has been posted:
  http://wiki.oasis-open.org/id-cloud/FirstFaceToFaceMeeting

    o Proposed Agenda includes time to discuss Glossary/Terminology
      and Categories of use-cases.

    o Anil notes that some TC members may have limited availability
      during the F2F, and may participate only at certain time-slots.

- Matt:
    o We should not spend too much time Glossary, as we are
      still working on the various use-cases.

      - We should spend time on developing the Templates.

- Q: Anil: Anil asks Kurt (Citrix) if his use-case will be finished
      prior to F2F.
  A: Kurt says he will be at F2F and will submit the use-case this week.

- Anil: asks the TC if there are any priorities in the topics/areas?

    o John Tolbert says he has a TCSP use-case which
       he will try to upload this week.

    o Thomas suggests perhaps the TC should just do informal hands-up
      with regards to the topics/use-cases to be discussed.

- Q: Gershon: asks if we need to achieve Quorum for the F2F.

  A: Anil:
      - Callers who dial-in also count towards quorum.
      - Quorum needed if we want to conduct a vote.

- Security Tokens:

    o Anil asks if the TC needs to work on the
      token format (for cloud cases).

    o Thomas: asks for clarification, does "token" mean something
      like the OAuth token?

    o Anil: Yes,
      - May need to support multiple formats.
      - May need to start a discussion on the types and
        formats of tokens.

    o John Bradley: there are many token today, such as
      SAML2.0, OAuth2.0, OpenID, Claims, etc.

    o Tony: We should distinguish Claims from its method of delivery.

    o John Bradley:
      - Agrees, attributes should be deliverable separately from its
        related tokens.
      - Should also look at X.509 certs

    o Thomas: should also consider Kerberos Service Tickets
      as tokens that are delivered to the Service Provider.

    o John Bradley: We should also look at the general classes
      of tokens, such as Bearer tokens and Holder-of-Key (HOK) tokens.

    o Anil: suggest we need to come-up with some taxonomy and even
      terminology for tokens.

    o Matt R.: We should look deeper into use-cases before
      focusing on tokens.

    o Anil some use-case already talk about tokens.

    o Matt R.: The TC should not invent new token formats.
      - Anil agrees.

    o Matt R.: Some use-cases traverse multiple categories/classifications.
      - Granularity of classification should improve (be improved) over time.
      - But we need to start with the use-cases.

- Public Review of use-Cases doc:

    o Anil asks if the TC should send the Use-Cases doc for Public Review
      as a Committee Draft (CD) document.

    o Tony: yes, this is part of our TC charter.

    o Anil: we could follow an iterative process:
      - Send CD doc for Oasis Public Review, while continue
        working (improving) on it.

    o Colin: suggests we have a shorter review period,
      such as 30 days (not the usual 60-days)

    o Anil: Agrees, perhaps 45 days for the review.

    o Thomas: non-members outside Oasis will be sending comments
      to the TC-comments list.

    o Anil: yes, this is ok. We want to promote the work of the TC.
      - Follow an iterative process.
      - Showcase the TC's work.

- Federated ID and SSO

    o Anil: asks if we should look at the Federated Identities and
      SSO at the F2F meeting.

    o John Tolbert:  has a use-case regarding High-Assurance Transactions
      in the cloud.

    o Anil: comments that Gershon also has a similar use-case.

- Account Management:

    o Anil: asks if we should include Account Management?
      - Patrick Harding is championing this area.

- Audit & Compliance:
    o Andy Kindred plans to dialin to the F2F meeting.

- Oasis Reception
    o There will be an Oasis Reception on Tuesday evening.

6) Adjourn
   Motion to adjourn: Gershon Janssen
   Seconded: Colin Wallis.
   No objections. Meeting adjourned.

--------------
soaphub dump:

John Dilley Akamai Technologies Group Member
Dale Moberg Axway Software* Group Member
Jeffrey Broberg CA Technologies Group Member
Kurt Roemer Citrix Systems, Inc. Group Member
Tom Bishop Conformity Group Member
Mark Robinton HID Global Group Member
David Kern IBM Group Member
Matthew Rutkowski IBM Group Member
John Bradley Individual Group Member
Gershon Janssen Individual Group Member
Michael Stiefel* Individual Group Member
Thomas Hardjono M.I.T. Group Member
Anthony Nadalin Microsoft Corporation Group Member
Colin Wallis New Zealand Government Group Member
Dale Olds Novell* Group Member
Anil Saldhana Red Hat Group Member
Doron Cohen SafeNet, Inc. Group Member
Tom Clifford Symantec Corp.* Group Member
Darren Platt Symplified Group Member
Travis Yoes Symplified Group Member
John Tolbert The Boeing Company* Group Member
Kyle Austin TriCipher, Inc. Group Member
Jerry Smith US Department of Defense (DoD)* Group Member
Brian Marshall Vanguard Integrity Professionals Group Member
Daniel Turissini WidePoint Corporation Group Member
Anil_Saldhana (Red Hat): =============
Anil_Saldhana (Red Hat): Andy Kindred  Acxiom  Group Member
[...]
Anil_Saldhana (Red Hat): Voting Companies: 14 of 19 (73%)
Dan Turissini (WidePoint): I did not see the agenda on the group page and do not see the F2F on the calendar?
Tom Bishop (Conformity): If you're referring to today's meeting, Anil sent out the updated agenda for today's meeting (with the link to the F2F next week) a few hours ago.
Anil_Saldhana (Red Hat): Dan:  Sorry, I sent the agenda a bit late.  I did not update the online meeting with agenda. My bad!