Subject: Re: [id-cloud] August 23 2010 meeting notes.doc

  Adding Michael's name to attendee list.

On 09/20/2010 12:59 PM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
>  Attendee List from online system:
> =================================
> Andy Kindred      Acxiom
> Dale Moberg     Axway Software
> Tom Bishop     Conformity
> Mark Robinton     HID Global
> David Kern     IBM
> Matthew Rutkowski     IBM
> John Bradley     Individual
> Thomas Hardjono     M.I.T.
> Colin Wallis     New Zealand Government
> Dale Olds     Novell
> Patrick Harding     Ping Identity Corporation
> Anil Saldhana     Red Hat
> Bill Becker     SafeNet, Inc.
> Tom Clifford     Symantec Corp.*
> Darren Platt     Symplified
> Travis Yoes     Symplified
> John Tolbert     The Boeing Company
> Kyle Austin     TriCipher, Inc.
> Jerry Smith     US Department of Defense (DoD)
> Brian Marshall     Vanguard Integrity Professionals
> Siddharth Bajaj     VeriSign
> Daniel Turissini     WidePoint Corporation
Michael Stiefel   Individual
> ======================================
>

> On 09/20/2010 12:48 PM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
>>
>> Membership Status Changes:
>> Voting Rights Gained:  Colis Walis (Govt.NZ),
>> Voting Rights Lost: Daniel Perry (Skyworth), John Dilley (Akamai)
>>
>> Quorum: 18 of 24 (75%)  Achieved
>>

>> On 08/23/2010 02:12 PM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
>>>  ========
>>> August 23 2010
>>>
>>> 1.Roll Call:   We have a Voting member Quorum.
>>> 2.In chat room at start:
>>>  Andy Kindred (Acxiom)
>>>  AnilSaldhana_RedHat
>>>  anonymous
>>>  Bill Becker (SafeNet)
>>>  Brian Marshall (Vanguard)
>>>  Dale Moberg
>>>  Dale Olds (Novell)
>>>  Darren Platt
>>>  David Kern (IBM)
>>>  John Bradley
>>>  Mark Robinton (HID)
>>>  Matt Rutkowski (IBM)
>>>  Palani Sakthi(IBM)1
>>>  Ricardo Koji Ushizaki (Serasa Experian)
>>>  Siddharth Bajaj (VeriSign/Symantec)
>>>  Tom Bishop (Conformity)
>>>  Tom Clifford
>>>  Travis Yoes
>>>
>>> 3.Note taker
>>> 4.Approve Minutes – August 9th meeting minutes approved.  Move Tom
>>> Bishop, Second by Jerry
>>> 5.Discuss Use-Case Document.  IBM Matt Rutkowski.  Dicuss Version I
>>> of use case document.
>>> a.Started with current OASIS Template
>>> b.Brought in all referenced terms and definitions.
>>> c.Brought in all use cases in raw form as submitted (Red Hat and
>>> others)
>>> d.Defined some things
>>> e.Has set of comments in columns
>>> f.Discussion around categories and individual categories
>>> i.Deference to OASIS terms and definitions.
>>> ii.ITU-T definitions not available
>>> iii.For reference OASIS needs external reference??? Anil says we
>>> should include as much as we can in our document.  Any Legal
>>> Issues?  Must be resolved before our document goes public.
>>> 1.Check with Mary
>>> 2.Matt says must be a public version available
>>> iv.Section 2 of Draft: Infrastructure Trust Establishment
>>> 1.Establish Root Trust
>>> v.Infrastructure Identity Management (IM)
>>> vi.Federated Identity Management (FIM)
>>> 1.Multiple domains  Anil
>>> 2.We could create Federation as a Topic and add things under it
>>> (subset of Section 2) that meet description under it.
>>> 3.Use cases may bear our use case gaps and patterns that exhibit
>>> federation patterns.  Matt
>>> 4.Discussion on whether federation is a category or a subcategory.
>>> 5.All agree Federation to be categorized separately from SSO.
>>> 6.Pull out section 2.3 (Federated Identity Management)
>>> vii.Single Sign-On (SSO)
>>> 1.Single Domain.  Anil
>>> 2.Federation can apply to all of these categories (not sure who said
>>> this)
>>> 3.
>>> viii.Account and Attribute Management
>>> 1.Someone can add a use case.  This is a heading and can encompass
>>> either or both.
>>> 2.SAML use cases define different attributes
>>> 3.we can rechristen this whatever we want
>>> 4.This has been encapsulated under Identity Management – Pat?
>>> 5.Address self provisioning and account management - matt
>>> 6.high level term is Identity Management
>>> 7.We need to go a step lower – all of section 2 could be identity
>>> management.  This is a labeling problem
>>> 8.Identity management within a single cloud and specialization for
>>> management at a finer grain control level then a service provider is
>>> accustomed to.  We are trying to get separation from infrastructure
>>> identity management.  Someone said Add User then
>>> 9.Matt said this is why he added JIT account Provisioning.
>>> 10.table this for now.  User Management maybe?
>>> ix.Security Tokens
>>> 1.Can you give me a use case where it would not be in SSO?
>>> 2.Separate from SSO in patterns and interactions between tokens or
>>> User Interactions across deployment boundaries
>>> 3.goes beyond single use of a token
>>> 4.Security Tokens and Assurance says Anil as category name.
>>> 5.Anil suggested this topic name due to Token Transformation and
>>> levels of assurance in the cloud
>>> x.Audit & Compliance
>>>
>>> 6.Where do you see a need for addressing APIs in here?  Identity
>>> Information…
>>> a.Thinks that there are APIs at all levels.
>>> b.APIs implied at each category
>>> c.Patrick – APIs fit across many categories.
>>> d.Confused at use of application in infrastructure management.
>>> i.Applications is the granular term for container
>>> e.What do we mean by infrastructure management.
>>> i.More like virtualization across multiple layers
>>> ii.Grey areas exist says Anil
>>> iii.If we want to take Use cases and fit them into categories or lay
>>> out use cases in human terms and then describe process and list
>>> applicable categories that overlap – Matt
>>> iv.Describer overall end process.  – Matt
>>> v.How to break down use cases???
>>> vi.Hoping for comments of specific subsections for each use case.
>>> 1.Roll definitions missing. - Matt
>>> 2.Good to say this use case represents these roles.
>>> 3.BP requires we define what goes in each section.
>>> f.Great start – Pat.
>>> 7.Face to Face in Washington Wed Sept 29th.
>>> a.Will provide teleconference facility
>>> b.If able to attend that would be good.
>>> c.M and T is the OASIS conference
>>> 8.Wiki has confirmed attendees.
>>> a.Add your name there
>>> b.All TC members should be able to update
>>> c.Brian was unable to update
>>> d.Anil and others will attend
>>> e.Will be a good event
>>> 9.Other Business from members?
>>> a.Dan Teriseni – will be at Face to Face and on a panel?
>>> i.All day on Wednesday
>>> b.You do not need to enroll in conference to attend meeting.
>>> c.Same registration place that you are attending face to face
>>> d.Register and it will be 0 if you only attend face to face meeting
>>> e.Need to make sure room is big enough
>>> f.Anil said the room is likely bigger then our TC
>>> 10.Any discussion on Glossary?
>>> a.We can have it as a separate document.  We can leave it all in one
>>> for now