Subject: Re: Fwd: [id-cloud] Groups - Cloud use cases (id-cloud-use-cases-draft-01l.doc)uploaded

Strongly concur.

----- Original Message -----
From: Matt Rutkowski <mrutkows@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:44 pm
Subject: Re: Fwd: [id-cloud] Groups - Cloud use cases 	(id-cloud-use-cases-draft-
01l.doc)uploaded

> Anil,
>
> I think that we should avoid people directly adding use cases
> before they
> are reviewed during a meeting for comment.  Additionally, I would
> suggest
> only editors perform changes or persons the editors grant "the pen"
> to on
> the official OASIS preliminary drafts.
>
> Of concern in this case, is that we now have a use case that seems
> endorse a specific security framework/model:
>
> "Toward that end, TSCP has developed a technical specification that
> uses
> identity federation technology to provide access to shared
> resources. This
> specification is known as Document Sharing via Identity Federation
> (DSIF).
> DSIF is a cloud-computing model which is predicated upon the
> notion that
> TSCP members gain access to electronic resources shared among the
> various
> members and other service providers.  TSCP members agree to adhere
> to the
> internally defined Common Operating Rules, which include terms for
> identity federation governance.
>
> Even with Kerberos, we were careful to discuss the need for
> "profiles"
> that describe how our more generic use cases COULD be implemented.
> From
> my point of view, these is less of a cloud identity use case than
> an
> injection of a specific methodology and architecture (which at this
> point
> is opaque to me).
>
> Where TSCP lists:
> Share Information Beyond Organizational Boundaries - Allows users
> easily and securely access documents that are housed in multiple
> security
> domains within an enterprise or across multiple organizations, and
> across
> international boundaries such that different regulatory policies
> (e.g.
> privacy) and national security policies must be simultaneously
> enforced.Reduction in Costs Related to Credential Management
> Identity federation
> allows for authentication token reuse, resulting in reduced costs
> application owners and simplification of authentication token
> management
> for end users.
> Increase Identity Assurance of End Users  Identity federation, as
> defined
> by DSIF v1, provides a common framework across the aerospace and
> defense
> sector for establishing the appropriate level of identity assurance
> to be
> used when remotely accessing specific categories of information on
> electronic systems.
> Reduce Sign On End User Experience  Identity Federation allows the
> [...]
begin:vcard
n:Turissini;Daniel
fn:Daniel E. Turissini
tel;cell:703-401-1706
tel;fax:703-246-8529
tel;work:703-246-8550
url:www.ORC.com
org:Operational Research Consultants, Inc.;
adr:;;South Tower, Suite 210, 11250 Waples Mill Road;Fairfax;Virginia;22030;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:turissd@orc.com
title:President
end:vcard