Subject: Proposed Minutes from ID-Cloud TC Call (Aug 8, 2011)

Folks,

Here are the minutes from the ID-Cloud TC call this week.
Apologies if I missed any discussion points or threads.

/thomas/

________________________

Oasis ID-Cloud TC Meeting Minutes (8 August 2011)

[Notation:  Q = question; A = answer; C = comment]

(1) Roll Call and Agenda Review:
- Quorum was achieved.
- Thomas Hardjono minute taker.

(2) Approval of TC Meeting Minutes from 25 July 2011:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/id-cloud/201107/msg00015.html

- Motion to accept minutes: Abbie Barbir.
  Second: Dominique Nguyen.
  No objections. Motion passes. Minutes approved.

(3) Use-cases document has been published by TC-Admin.
    URL is in the agenda:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/id-cloud/IDCloud-usecases/v1.0/cnd01/IDCloud-usecases-v1.0-cnd01.html

(4) Use Case Discussion.

- Anil:
  o We've been having regular calls to
    discuss and work on the Definitions and Terms.
  o Meetings are Mondays 2PM-EST (alternate Mondays
    when ID-Cloud TC does not meet).

- Matt:
  o We have 6-7 pages of definitions and terms.
    We want to achieve clarity in these, and as such have
    often added clarifying text (eg. in braces) next to
    the definition/term.
  o Matt owes a draft of this document, hopefully posted by
    the next TC telecon.
  o Folks are invited to participate in these off-Monday
    meetings.

(5) Gap Analysis Discussion. (Roger)

- Anil:
  o Roger is traveling and thus absent today.
  o We have had informal meetings for the past 2 weeks
    on Fridays.  We are moving these meetings to
    Thursdays (2PM-EST).
  o In our first meeting we identified the standards
    orgs/bodies of interest.  In our 2nd meeting we drilled down
    into each of the standards organizations.

(6) Vote on new work products for Profiles

- Anil:
  o Developing profiles is part of our Charter.
  o The process is that we (the TC) must ask the
    Oasis TC-Admin for a new "Work Product".
  o The TC-Admin then registers this new work-product
    and gives back to the TC a blank/template document
    that we can use for writing the profile.
  o For each new profile, the ID-Cloud TC must vote to
    approve the request (for creation of a new work-product).
  o Only then can Anil (as TC co-chair) or an Editor can request
    TC-Admin for the creation/registration of a new work-product.

- Anil: Here are the three proposed new work-products, all as Committee Note Drafts.

   (a) Motion by Abbie Barbir: Request a work product for "Mobile Cloud Identity Profile v1.0" (as a Committee Note Draft).
    Second: by Dominique Nguyen.
    No objections. Motion passes. The TC has approved the creation of this new work product as a Committee Note Draft.

   (b) Motion by Matt Rutkowski: Request for a work product titled "Identity Management for Audit and Compliance in the Cloud Profile v1.0" (as a Committee Note Draft).
    Second: Thomas Hardjono.
    No objections. Motion passes. The TC has approved the creation of this new work product as a Committee Note Draft.

   (c) Motion by Thomas Hardjono: Request for a work product titled "Identity Management for Platform as a Service Cloud Profile v1.0" (as a Committee Note Draft).
    Second: Dominique Nguyen.
    No objections. Motion passes. The TC has approved the creation of this new work product as a Committee Note Draft.

- Question (Dominique): Does the PASS work-product
  include IAAS and SAAS models?
  Answer (Anil): yes, it includes IAAS and SAAS.
  The work-product will cover a broad range of service models.

- Anil:
  o Next step is to create the corresponding JIRA items.
    Anil will take this as his action-item.
  o Anil will also submit to the TC-Admin the 3 requests
    corresponding to the 3 new work-products (we just voted on).

(7) Oasis International Cloud Symposium

- Anil:
  o This is an Oasis-sponsored conference.
  o URL:  http://events.oasis-open.org/home/cloud/2011

8) Other Business

- Matt Rutkowski:
  o If there are questions about the use-cases document,
    please email them to the mail-list.
  o The targeted delivery date to the next rev of
    the use-cases doc is by the end of September 2011.
  o Therefore it would be beneficial for all new
    edits/comments to be submitted to Matt by the end of
    August 2011 so as to give Matt enough time to integrate
    into the next revision.
  o Meetings need to be scheduled to discuss the
    harder use-cases.

9) Adjourn: Thomas motions to adjourn. Anil seconds.
   Meeting adjourned.

SoapHub Chat Transcript:

anonymous morphed into David Kern (IBM)
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Dialing in
anonymous morphed into Hadass Harel
Hadass Harel morphed into Hadass Harel (eBay)
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Hadass: welcome
anonymous morphed into Dan Turissini [WidePoint]
Dan Turissini [WidePoint]: I am sorry, but my cell is dead. I will follow best I can on line.
anonymous morphed into abbie (Camada)
abbie (Camada) morphed into abbie
Matt Rutkowski (IBM): A&C is ok
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Christopher Ramstrom from CA Tech along with Kurt Roemer from Citrix and Matt Rutkowski
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Request a work product for "Mobile Cloud Identity Profile v1.0"
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Committee Note Draft
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): motion approves.
Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Request for a work product titled "Identity Mgmt. for Audit and Compliance in the Cloud Profile v1.0" Comm Note Draft
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): motion passes
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): matt - motions and thomas - seconds
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Request for a work product titled "Identity Management for Platform as a Service Cloud Profile v1.0" CND
Matt Rutkowski (IBM): I can go longer!
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): motion passes with thomas (motion) and Dominique (seconds)
Dominique Nguyen1: do we have the ID management profile for IaaS and SaaS yet?
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Hadass: I am sorry. I forgot to let u speak for a couple of mins
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Hadass: next meeting for sure. we welcome new members.
Hadass Harel (eBay): Thank you
Hadass Harel (eBay): No problem, I got time to just listen.