Subject: Re: ID-Cloud material to ITU

Thanks, Dominique.  We totally agree.

OASIS has a long and happy history of collaboration with ITU.  Their
Secretariat is constructive and sophisticated.  I think they're aware
that they face zero risk of being attacked by OASIS on copyright
grounds, if they incorporate an ID-Cloud use case into their work, in
any one of the multiple ways I suggested:
  * They can summarize and include, with a URL crossreference.
  * They can reprint the whole darn thing faithfully and include, with
a URL crossreference.
  * ITU editors should be able to reword the ideas however they want,
and agree or disagree with the concepts as they like, as their own
work, all without raising any copyright issues.

It's true that there are some things to which OASIS couldn't or
wouldn't agree, as the custodian of the works that our members create
in their TCs.  Like giving away exclusive rights, or permitting
someone to misquote OASIS work.  But generally speaking, those aren't
things that reputable standards groups seek to do, anyway.

We do work with the staff of other SDOs, like ITU, to make sure they
have whatever permission statements they need.  I don't anticipate any
obstacles there.  Regards  JBC

James Bryce Clark, General Counsel
http://www.oasis-open.org/who/staff.php#clark

www.identi.ca/JamieXML