idpf message

Subject: interested in serving as a Chair of the IDPF TC (was Re: [idpf] Inviting nominations for Chair of Infrastructure Data-Plane Function (IDPF) TC)

Hello!
I am excited to propose my candidacy for serving as a Chair of
Infrastructure Data-Plane Function (IDPF) TC.

I believe that I have the necessary skills, experience, and commitment
to effectively lead the IDPF TC as its chair. I would be honored to
serve in this role and to contribute to the work of the committee.

I am a distinguished engineer at Red Hat, and have served as a chair of
the Virtio TC within OASIS for multiple years, as well as a maintainer
in Linux and QEMU projects.

In the course of performing these duties I have interacted with
Operators of large data centers and their Tenants, Vendors of
Host-attached networking devices, and developed APIs as well as
specifications for a Multi-vendor Standard devices, including
initialization/reset, configuration & operational flows and
discover/negotiation mechanisms.

I have significant experience running an OASIS TC, including handling an
OASIS specification lifecycle, handling IPR issues and growing a
developer community, and expertize in the areas of hardware/firmware,
operating systems and virtualization which will be useful.

As chair, I would work to ensure that the IDPF TC makes progress on its
deliverables. I would also seek to foster collaboration and
communication within the TC as well as outside it, including the Linux
and QEMU open source communities.

Electing me as a chair will also help promote cooperation with the
VirtIO OASIS TC as per the TC charter.

It is also my hope that a co-chair is elected, now or down the road.

Thanks for considering my candidacy!

--
MST