idpf message

Subject: RE: interested in serving as a Chair of the IDPF TC (was Re: [idpf] Inviting nominations for Chair of Infrastructure Data-Plane Function (IDPF) TC)

Hello All,
  I would like to propose my candidacy for serving as a chair/co-chair of IDPF TC.

I am a Principle Engineer at Intel and the architect involved in designing IDPF Interface and Spec. My experience has been in designing multiple generations of LAN Host interfaces for Intel devices that have the performance and the features that a HW supported interface should have. I am also very actively involved with Linux Netdev community (TC chair for 2022 Netdev 0x16 conference) and related subsystems in finding and proposing solutions for ecosystem related to virtualized interfaces.

As a HW/SW Architect at Intel dealing in LAN and Virtualization I do have to be aware of the different choices each vendor has made in their interfaces so that we can design a good solution for current and future use cases.

In my current role I do run Opensource workgroups across many companies to create new Linux subsystems (Ex: p4-tc : A new traffic Classifier for Linux) that work for many different Vendor devices.

I am hoping that we do elect a co-chair that has experience running an Oasis TC in a similar domain as that is one area I do not have any experience.

Thanks
Anjali

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2022 9:46 AM
To: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
Cc: idpf@lists.oasis-open.org; Orr, Michael <michael.orr@intel.com>; Singhai, Anjali <anjali.singhai@intel.com>

Hello!
I am excited to propose my candidacy for serving as a Chair of Infrastructure Data-Plane Function (IDPF) TC.

I believe that I have the necessary skills, experience, and commitment to effectively lead the IDPF TC as its chair. I would be honored to serve in this role and to contribute to the work of the committee.

I am a distinguished engineer at Red Hat, and have served as a chair of the Virtio TC within OASIS for multiple years, as well as a maintainer in Linux and QEMU projects.

In the course of performing these duties I have interacted with Operators of large data centers and their Tenants, Vendors of Host-attached networking devices, and developed APIs as well as specifications for a Multi-vendor Standard devices, including initialization/reset, configuration & operational flows and discover/negotiation mechanisms.

I have significant experience running an OASIS TC, including handling an OASIS specification lifecycle, handling IPR issues and growing a developer community, and expertize in the areas of hardware/firmware, operating systems and virtualization which will be useful.

As chair, I would work to ensure that the IDPF TC makes progress on its deliverables. I would also seek to foster collaboration and communication within the TC as well as outside it, including the Linux and QEMU open source communities.

Electing me as a chair will also help promote cooperation with the VirtIO OASIS TC as per the TC charter.

It is also my hope that a co-chair is elected, now or down the road.

Thanks for considering my candidacy!

--
MST