idtrust-ms message

Subject: FW: [orms] Sybil attack

I hope that the members of the IDtrust MS will be following this new OASIS
TC, as many aspects affect trust concepts. Let me know if you need
assistance joining the ORMS TC.
Best,
Dee

-----Original Message-----
From: Frederick Hirsch [mailto:frederick.hirsch@nokia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 4:54 PM
To: OASIS ORMS
Cc: Frederick Hirsch
Subject: [orms] Sybil attack

An attack on reputation systems, where an attacker can create number
of entities to thereby impact reputation values of another party.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybil_attack

thus I suggest a reputation value may need to include some indication
of trust in the reputation figures in addition to other measures as
part of the value(s).

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia