ihc message

Subject: RE: [ihc] Shooting arrows at barn doors?

So we need a liaison from EPR to this committee and visa-versa . . .

-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber [mailto:david@drrw.info]
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 4:05 AM
To: ihc@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ihc] Shooting arrows at barn doors?

This just out - however - while this may appear further away when seen in
rear
view mirror - the below certainly is quotable to help focus on why such
things
as the digital bag and bizID research the the EPR team are doing are vitally
important stones on the path...

<snip>
Health IT - President Bush has called for the widespread adoption of
interoperable Electronic Health Records in ten years. Interoperability
through
standards will enable us to share electronic patient records, which will
improve the quality of health care. Standards are adopted for health IT use
by
all Federal agencies through the efforts of the multi-agency Consolidated
Health Informatics (CHI), a joint venture of HHS, Department of Veterans
Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DOD). Adoption of these standards
will
increase our ability to share medical data within the health community.
</snip>

http://drrw.net