ihc message

Subject: Thursday Meeting Reminder

Hi Folks,

I noted that we have a meeting scheduled, and I want to make sure I
get reminded early enough Thursday morning to attend. So if you could
send out a reminder ahead of the meeting by an hour or so, there's a
better chance I will notice it before I can get swept up in the day's
flow of events.

I have one item for the agenda: EDXL-HAVE has finished its second
60-Day Public Review and now needs to have three OASIS organizational
members make Use Statements saying that they are using it. Mayo
Clinic would be an excellent reference for this. I can also suggest
ways to make using EDXL-HAVE easier.

In addition, once I get EDXL-RM out for its second 60-Day Public
Review, I will have more time for other projects, including Health
Indicators which still needs a fair amount of work. For instance, it
does not contain a Conformance Section, which is now an OASIS
requirement.

On a more personal note, one of the ways in which I was thinking of
offering my own services as a technical writer is as a specifications
consultant/writer, and this is an area where the skills I have been
developing in the last several years could be put to work in mutually
beneficial ways.

Last item, I still think that a group of Subject Matter Experts
including MDs with a background in IT standards is needed to either
create a Medical profile of EDXL-RM (Resource Messaging), or to
develop requirements for a Medical EDXL-RM standard.

Cheers,
Rex

--
Rex Brooks