Subject: Re: [kmip] Groups - Conformance Keywords Proposal (Sun ConformanceLanguage Proposal.pdf) uploaded

Is there anyone who prefers 'MUST' over 'SHALL'?  If not, I'll go ahead
and change the conformance clause to require using 'SHALL' and forbid
using 'MUST' (and probably forbid 'can' and 'will' at the same time).
This is more compatible with other groups, like ISO, IEEE, and INCITS...

Cheers,
-Matt

Landon Curt Noll wrote:
> On 2009-Jun-25, at 09:53, Matt Ball wrote:
>
>> Hi Rod,
>>
>> I got to thinking about it, and since OASIS recommends using MUST
>> instead of SHALL, it looked like an easier battle to just go with OASIS
>> recommendations.  Personally, I prefer SHALL over MUST -- and I'm happy
>> to change this -- but it looked like a harder change to push...
>>
>> Any other thoughts?  If the group generally prefers SHALL instead of
>> MUST, it would take me about 10 minutes to change it within the
>> proposal... :)
>
> Matt,
>
> I agree with your preference.  I too prefer SHALL over must.  I
> recommend that you change your text accordingly.
>
> If I must use must, I shall; however I must say that I shall continue
> to prefer shall to must.  :-)
>
> chongo () /\oo/\

begin:vcard
fn:Matt Ball
n:Ball;Matthew
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc.;Key Management
adr:;;500 El Dorado Blvd, Bldg 5;Broomfield;CO;80021;U.S.A.
email;internet:matthew.ball@sun.com
title:Staff Engineer
tel;work:303-272-7580
tel;fax:303-272-3023