Subject: Applying to IANA for KMIP ports

In the HTTPS proposal, I left the recommended ports for running KMIP over HTTPS as TBD.  Does the group feel we should apply to IANA for one or more ports for KMIP?  If so, I have a couple additional questions:

1.  Should raw KMIP over TLS have a different port than KMIP over HTTPS?

2.  Should there be different ports for serving client-to-server operations versus server-to-client operations?

Some information about the registration process can be found here:

http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/usr-port-number.pl

As this discussion may take some time to resolve, I'm inclined to ask for a vote this week on the most recent version of the HTTPS proposal, which has the port numbers TBD.

Thanks

-Alan

or disclosing it.