Subject: status of V1.1 public review, thoughts on next KMIP TC meeting

Hi –

Just to bring everyone up-to-date on the status of the KMIP public review:  We’re expecting to have all the KMIP V1.1 documents revised and posted to the documents folder by end-of-day Friday this week, including the re-run and validated message formats in the Test Cases doc. I’ll create a zip file and ballot as soon as we have all 4 docs.

I’ll be moving the Usage Guide and Profiles doc (both clean and change bar versions) to the documents folder shortly. They include the updated list of contributors, pasted to this email below, that we’ll use in all 4 V1.1 docs. Please take a look and let me know if there are any questions/corrections/changes to the list. Note that observers are not included as contributors.

I’ll also be sending out an invitation for next week’s KMIP TC call shortly. I expect to vote on the outstanding minutes, including those from the F2F and all TC meetings since then. I’d appreciate your taking a look at the minutes, especially the F2F, and sending any corrections/additions/changes to Subhash and me before the TC meeting, if at all possible.

In the next meeting, in addition to consideration of an HTTPS profile, separate from the KMIP Profiles doc, I’d like to discuss in detail the question of our KMIP TC charter and its implications for V1.2.  Subhash and I are working with Chet on the alternatives we have; as mentioned in our last TC call, I’m working on getting a clear proposal published before our next meeting, for that discussion.

I think that’s it for now!

Participants in KMIP Usage Guide V1.1  (same for KMIP Profiles V1.1)

Hal Aldridge, Sypris Electronics

Mike Allen, Symantec

Gordon Arnold, IBM

Todd Arnold, IBM

Matthew Ball, Oracle Corporation

Elaine Barker, NIST

Peter Bartok, Venafi, Inc.

Mathias Björkqvist, IBM

Kelley Burgin, National Security Agency

John Clark, Hewlett-Packard

Tom Clifford, Symantec Corp.

Graydon Dodson, Lexmark International Inc.

Chris Dunn, SafeNet, Inc.

Michael Duren, Sypris Electronics

Paul Earsy, SafeNet, Inc.

Stan Feather, Hewlett-Packard

Indra Fitzgerald, Hewlett-Packard

Alan Frindell, SafeNet, Inc.

Judith Furlong, EMC Corporation

Jonathan Geater, Thales e-Security

Susan Gleeson, Oracle

Robert Griffin, EMC Corporation

Paul Grojean, Individual

Robert Haas, IBM

Thomas Hardjono, M.I.T.

Steve He, Vormetric Inc.

Kurt Heberlein, Hewlett-Packard

Joel Hockey, Cryptsoft Pty Ltd.

Larry Hofer, Emulex Corporation

Brandon Hoff, Emulex Corporation

Walt Hubis, NetApp

Tim Hudson, Cryptsoft Pty Ltd.

Jay Jacobs, Target Corporation

Glen Jaquette, IBM

Scott Kipp, Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.

Kathy Kriese, Symantec Corporation

David Lawson, Emulex Corporation

John Leiseboer, Quintenssence Labs

Hal Lockhart, Oracle Corporation

Robert Lockhart, Thales e-Security

Anne Luk, Cryptsoft Pty Ltd.

Shyam Mankala, EMC Corporation

Upendra Mardikar, PayPal Inc.

Luther Martin, Voltage Security

Hyrum Mills, Mitre Corporation

Bob Nixon, Emulex Corporation

René Pawlitzek, IBM

John Peck, IBM

Rob Philpott, EMC Corporation

Denis Pochuev, SafeNet, Inc.

Ajai Puri, SafeNet Inc.

Peter Reed, SafeNet Inc.

Bruce Rich, IBM

Warren Robbins, Credant Systems

Saikat Saha, SafeNet, Inc.

Subhash Sankuratripati, NetApp

Mark Schiller, Hewlett-Packard

Brian Spector, Certivox

Terence Spies, Voltage Security

Marcus Streets, Thales e-Security

Kiran Thota, VMware

Sean Turner, IECA, Inc.

Paul Turner, Venafi, Inc.

Marko Vukolić, EURECOM

Rod Wideman, Quantum Corporation

Steven Wierenga, Hewlett-Packard

Peter Yee, EMC Corporation

Krishna Yellepeddy, IBM

Michael Yoder, Vormetric. Inc.

Peter Zelechoski, Election Systems & Software

Magda Zdunkiewicz, Cryptsoft