Subject: Re: [kmip] preparing to vote for submission of KMIP V1.1 Committee Specifications to OASIS membership

Hi Bob, hi Subhash (and all),

Actually, unless I have missed something, your next step is to request
a Special Majority Ballot to approve the Committee Drafts that just
completed public review as Committee Specifications / Notes. Then you
can move on to the COS state.

I have your last public review ending on June 19 for...

Key Management Interoperability Protocol Specification Version 1.1,
Committee Specification Draft 02 / Public Review Draft 02

Key Management Interoperability Protocol Profiles Version 1.1,
Committee Specification Draft 02 / Public Review Draft 02

Key Management Interoperability Protocol Usage Guide Version 1.1,
Committee Note Draft 02 / Public Review Draft 02

Key Management Interoperability Protocol Test Cases Version 1.1,
Committee Note Draft 02 / Public Review Draft 02

I didn't see that any of these had comments so you should submit an
email to the mailing list (if you didn't already) indicating that the
public review ended with no comments received. That then is your link
to the change log for the ticket.

So the motion at the next meeting should be to request TC Admin to
hold a special majority ballot to approve each of these as Committee
Specifications / Notes. Please include the links, e.g.

“The KMIP Technical Committee requests the KMIP co-chairs to request
that TC Administration hold a Special Majority Ballot to approve Key
Management Interoperability Protocol Specification Version 1.1
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/46154/kmip-spec-v1.1-csprd02.zip)
and Key Management Interoperability Protocol Profiles Version 1.1
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/46155/kmip-profiles-v1.1-csprd02.zip)
as Committee Specifications and Key Management Interoperability
Protocol Usage Guide Version 1.1
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/46157/kmip-ug-v1.1-cnprd02.zip)
and Key Management Interoperability Protocol Test Cases Version 1.1
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/46156/kmip-testcases-v1.1-cnprd02.zip)
as Committee Notes."

Once that is approved, please enter 2 Committee Specification ballot
tickets (https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests/committee-specification-ballot-request)
and 2 Committee Note ballot tickets
(https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests/committee-note-ballot-request)
and I will start the Special Majority Ballots right away.

You should wait until these are completed because the TC Process
requires that the Statements of Use explicitly require the CS and the
approval date. "After the approval of a Committee Specification, and
after three Statements of Use >>explicitly referencing the Committee
Specification, including approval date<<, have been presented to the
TC..."

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Best,

/chet

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393

TC Administration information and support is available at
http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen