Subject: Re: [kmip] Concerns with Encrypt, Decrypt, Sign and Verify

Bob,
 Thanks for raising this. I had certain concerns with this too -

Most of the initiatives that we have taken up for 1.2 seem to fall under "out of scope". We need to address these during re-chartering too.

<snip>
Out of scope areas include:

Implementation specific internals of prototypes and products
Multi-vendor Key Management facility mirrors or clusters
Definition of an architectural design for a central enterprise key management or certificate management system other than any necessary models, interfaces and protocols strictly required to support interoperability between Actors in the multi-vendor certificate and key management framework.
Framework interfaces not dedicated to secure key and certificate management
---> Certain areas of functionality related to key management are also outside the scope of this technical committee, in particular registration of clients, server-to-server communication and key migration. <-----
Bindings other than tag-length-value wire protocol and XSD-based encodings.
</snip>

Thanks,
Kiran