Subject: Re: [kmip] Groups - kmip-tape-lib-profile-v1 0-wd01-review.doc uploaded

Excellent discussion - and it is indeed hitting the point - that server
provided values for ASI is very much underspecified.
How about removing it? Is anyone using it? Does anyone plan to use it?

The point I'm making is that query response does not state you cannot
return values in the query response for application name spaces which
are client-side only. It states you must include the ones which support
the (underspecified) server-side, but it does not state you cannot
include others.

There is also a specific error code returned when an application name
space isn't supported - allowing for clients to ignore checking the
query response.
The usage guide talks about "recognized" rather than "supported".

On removing the requirement for the name spaces to be listed in the
Query response - I'll defer to Stan and Rod (there are three editors on
the profile) for how to handle that.

Thanks,
Tim.