Subject: Notes from the NIST Key Management workshop from a couple of weeks ago

Howdy KMIP TC!

I wanted to get some pertinent information out to the group from the meeting at NIST three weeks ago:

·         Elaine Barker of NIST noted  that KMIP is maturing to a point that it should be referenced as a standard in NIST SP800-57 (That put a smile on my face and something I am going to continue to push on)

·         Initially Interoperability was not considered as an important part of building a Federal Cryptographic Key Management System (ala NIST SP800-152) –  industry made the case that interoperability needs to be considered or adoption of FCKMS will be very limited and not cost-effective.

·         The presentation and spreadsheet we put together for the F2F made the rounds at the conference and it helped make the case for how KMIP really help drive the solution forward. Apparently folks really like requirements cross-referencing.

·         The folks at NIST are expecting TC members to continue to provide feedback to improve both SP800-130 and SP800-152.

·         Other parts of industry started asking questions on KMIP and hopefully we start make some more converts to our collective cause.

Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Chuck

Charles White

CTO

Semper Fortis Solutions, LLC

14840 Conference Center Drive, Suite Y

Chantilly, VA  20151

Phone: 703.544.5263

Mobile: 703.200.4158

Email: cwhite@semper-fortis.com

Web:  http://www.semper-fortis.com

CVE Certified SDVOSB Semper Fortis Solutions is a CVE certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business

This message contains information from Semper Fortis Solutions, LLC which may be confidential and privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited.