Subject: Re: [kmip] Groups - KMIP NIST Attribute Security uploaded

On 15/05/2014 10:08 AM, Charles White wrote:
Submitter's message
Good evening KMIP TC!

Please find the attached presentation on z type security attributes for discussion tomorrow.

Chuck, do you happen to have a list of the current attributes which might be considered sensitive in NIST terms?

i.e. is sensitive a property we should be representing against each of the existing attributes to provide an indication to the server as to what should be cryptographically protected in storage for some current attributes and not for others?

As you note KMIP already defines the mechanism for providing and returning wrapped managed objects with optional also-wrapped attributes but perhaps some additional guidance on that side of things in KMIP 1.3 would be good - however I think that is separate from the who sensitive attributes handling items - i.e. wrapping/unwrapping behaviours in general are a separate topic.

Thanks,
Tim.