Subject: Re: [kmip] Groups - Client / Server Correlation Value uploaded

Anthony,

Nice and simple.  But even that proved too much for me.  I still bumped my head on something....I was expecting the server to return the ClientCorrelation so the client could make the connection in its own logs.
I can see that the server might return its own ServerCorrelation, so would expect the response header might have two correlators in it.

Since the server can initiate a request, I would expect that a RequestHeader could contain either a ClientCorrelation or a ServerCorrelation.  Or were we thinking that the KMIP server is in a client role and thus uses the ClientCorrelator and we are going to trust the client to know it's in the server role on those services and should use the ServerCorrelation in its ResponseHeader?

And since this information is to be logged and we don't necessarily know the access controls on said log(s), the UsageGuide SHOULD contain some language about the correlator's potential lack of privacy (e.g., don't put something secret in there/a bearer token).

Bruce A Rich
brich at-sign us dot ibm dot com

From:        Anthony Berglas <anthony.berglas@cryptsoft.com>
To:        kmip@lists.oasis-open.org
Date:        12/15/2015 01:59 AM
Sent by:        <kmip@lists.oasis-open.org>

Submitter's message
We have a request to provide closer coordination between client and server logs. This very simple proposal provides a text field that enables the client to provide extra information for the server to log. The server can also pass back a string to the client which can be used to identify server log values.

I would like to present this at the next call. All feedback in advance most welcome.
-- Anthony Berglas
Document Name: Client / Server Correlation Value

Description
Proposal to enhance communication between the client and server.

Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Anthony Berglas
Group
: OASIS Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP) TC
Folder
: Proposals
Date submitted
: 2015-12-14 23:58:43