legalruleml message

Subject: Re: [legalruleml] [Repository for the examples]

I've requested an svn for LegalRuleML be set  up Monica. I'll send you
notice when it is ready.

/chet

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM, monica.palmirani
<monica.palmirani@unibo.it> wrote:
> Hi Chet,
>
> for LegalDocML we have to decide today, in case, in the regular TC.
> For LegalRuleML we are just thinking about the organization, even if the
> decision was taken yesterday in the regular TC.
>
> In meantime can you open the space titled "lrml"?
>
> I also appreciate very much if you could explain to the group how SVN
> works in term of password, authorizations, organization in folders, etc.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Yours,
>
> mp
> Il 12/07/2012 15:40, Chet Ensign ha scritto:
>>
>> Monica, would you like me to have an svn repository added for legaldoc?
>>
>> /chet
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 5:58 AM, Tara Athan <taraathan@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I would like to propose a repository structure as follows:
>>>
>>> (following
>>>
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/doc/user/svn-best-practices.html)
>>>
>>> 1. it is conventional to have a top level of
>>> lrm
>>>    |_branches
>>>    |_tags
>>>    |_trunk
>>>    where
>>> "trunk, meaning the directory under which the main project development
>>> occurs; branches, which is a directory in which to create various named
>>> branches of the main development line; tags, which is a directory of
>>> branches that are created, and perhaps destroyed, but never changed."
>>>
>>> 2. under "trunk" (and consequently under each branch or tag) I propose
>>> lrm
>>>    |_examples
>>>      |_draft
>>>      |_approved
>>>      |_sources
>>>    |_schemas
>>>      |_relaxng
>>>        |_modules
>>>      |_xsd
>>>        |_modules
>>>      |_schematron
>>>        |_modules
>>>   |_xslt
>>>
>>> I suggest having separate directories for draft and approved examples so
>>> that we can develop, and keep a record of, alternate syntax proposals.
>>> However, the schemas will only be required to validate the examples in
>>> the
>>> "approved" directory.
>>>
>>> I also suggest that source examples (in xml, pdf, jpg, doc, etc) be kept
>>> in
>>> a parallel directory "sources", and that each of the directories draft,
>>> approved, sources, have a flat structure (no subdirectories).
>>>
>>> One reason is that it makes it easier for me to validate during schema
>>> development if I can point to the directory "approved" and know that it
>>> contains only the .lrml examples at the top level. Also, the same source
>>> could be used by several examples.
>>>
>>> Tara

> --
> ===================================
> Associate professor of Legal Informatics
> [...]

----------------
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393

TC Administration information and support is available at
http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen
Twitter:        http://twitter.com/OASISopen