Subject: [legalxml-courtfiling] Follow up on first TC meeting

This is a message from Mary McQueen and me to the Technical Committee.
We have reviewed Dr. Leff's minutes of the our first meeting.  He will
be sending them to you shortly.  One of the principles we adopted was
that all actions of the TC meeting in a face to face would be ratified
on the list.  We suggest that we use approval of the minutes to
accomplish that purpose.  Therefore, TC members will have one week from
the time Dr. Leff posts the minutes to object to them or any part of
them.  In the absence of objections, the minutes will be deemed approved

and the actions taken ratified.  The minutes include the actions taken
before, during, and after the telephone conference call.  Therefore, you

should read them carefully even if you participated in the conference
call.

The meeting produced the following tasks for immediate completion:

Persons who have not perfected their membership should inform me of
their intent to be TC members.  Their voting membership will commence 60

days after the phone call; they may participate immediately.

The co-chairs are to ask OASIS to create lists for our subcommittees.
Karl, would you please create lists for:
    Query & Response/CMS-API/CDC
    Court Document
    Court Filing Policy
    Trusted Specification Repository
    Certification

The co-chairs are of the opinion that all other assignments should be
completed on the full TC list.  Please let us know if you disagree with
respect to any assigned task.

All persons interested in serving on any of these subcommittees should
post their willingness to serve to the list.  All TC members are
encouraged to participate in at least one subcommittee.

Catherine Krause is to post the revised standard for specification
testing as soon as possible.  We are attempting to complete work on that

before the Joint Technology Committee meeting on July 21.

Dwight Daniels is to post his proposal for Query & Response as soon as
possible.  We are also attempting to complete work on that specification

on the same timetable.  John Greacen spoke at length with Dwight a week
ago and they agreed on the general course that Dwight would take in
attempting to get a quality product before the TC for consideration as
soon as possible.

Don Bergeron is to post the revised requirements for Court Filing
Policy.

Robin Gibson is to post a draft of the requirements for Electronic Court

Filing 2.0.

John Messing is to post a response to the issues raised concerning Court

Document 1.1.  He is also to post a message initiating the creation of
requirements for a Court Forms specification.

Robin Gibson will work with OASIS staff to see that our website comes up

and is populated appropriately.  She will then convert the courtxml.org
site to a pointer to the OASIS site.

We are assigning the task of developing the tutorial and the diagram of
the relationship between the various components and specifications
completed and under development to our editor, Roger Winters.

We will expect the following reports in Boston:

    from the trusted specification repository subcommittee
    from the certification subcommittee
    from the Query & Response/CMS-API/CDC subcommittee
    from the court document subcommittee
    from the court filing policy subcommittee
    from Diane Lewis concerning other OASIS and nonOASIS groups with
whom we should create liaison relationships
    from Roger Winters on the suitability of OASIS templates for our
specifications and on the diagram of relationships among our
specifications
    from Robin Gibson on Electronic Court Filing 2.0 requirements
    from John Messing on Court Form requirements
    from all other liaisons on their activities

If anyone is aware of a follow up assignment that we have overlooked,
please bring it to our attention.

Your co-chairs are encouraged by the energy and interested demonstrated
by the TC members during our first meeting.  We are pleased by the level

of participation and the number of volunteers for various assignments.
We look forward to a very active next few months.

Any persons having difficulty meeting their obligations should
communicate with the co-chairs directly.

Greacen Associates, LLC.
18 Fairly Road
Santa Fe, NM  87507