Subject: Re: [legalxml-courtfiling] Revised Standard for Specification Testing

Title: Revised Standard for Specification Testing
I would change no. 5 - "The scope of test criteria should not extend beyond the specification being tested." - to - "The scope of the test criteria shall be limited to the specification being tested unless expressly incorporated from another document."

I would change no. 8 - " All special terms used in Interoperability Testing documents must be formally defined (e.g., in the draft document the term "EFP" was used, but means different things to different people). Ideally this should be done for the TC as a whole. " -

to -

" Any term used in a specification Testing document should be readily apparent from the context or in the case of doubt or uncertainty,  expressly defined within the text of the Testing document itself."

Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 9:19 AM

All:

Attached is a proposed revised standard for specification testing.  For those who were not able to participate in the face-to-face discussion at the TC meeting in Salt Lake City, the purpose of this document is to define the process for establishing test criteria for all Electronic Court Filing Technical Committee Specifications (for example, Court Filing 1.1) This establishes the definition for our TC of "successfully using" a committee specification, which is something that three member organizations must certify for those committee specifications that we choose to submit to OASIS for consideration as an OASIS standard.  We also propose to use this same process for the purpose of moving a standard to "Recommended" status, for presentation to the Joint Technology Committee.

The co-chairs would like to present our standard for specification testing to the Joint Technology Committee meeting on July 21st.  This gives us a short turnaround for comment on this proposed standard (I apologize for not getting this out sooner).  I believe that all feedback and discussion from the face-to-face meeting in Salt Lake City has been incorporated into this document.  Following the process proposed for approval of minutes by the TC, I suggest TC members have one week from the posting of this document (i.e. until July 16th) to comment or provide feedback.  If no feedback is received, the document will be deemed approved as our standard for specification testing.  If feedback is received, it will be incorporated into the document on July 17th.  If this does not allow enough time to present to the Joint Technology Committee meeting on July 21st, an alternate timeline can be established.

We may want to consider whether this document should move to the Certification Subcommittee for any future enhancements after this initial version.  It seems as if this would be a logical part of that subcommittee's scope.

Note that once the TC has agreed on this revised standard, the Court Filing interoperability testing definition needs to be revised accordingly.  The attendees at the Salt Lake City meeting felt it was important to first establish the base-line process for all TC specifications, and then review and revise the Court Filing testing definition per our standardized process.

Catherine Krause

E-Filing Project Manager

King County Department of Judicial Administration

(206)296-7860

catherine.krause@metrokc.gov

<<Testing Recommendations, v2.doc>>